Could your smile stand a little improvement? Dr. Dave Watkins of Watkins Family Dental offers several cosmetic dentistry treatments that can correct these common smile issues.
Imperfections and Damage
Improving the appearance of your teeth may be much simpler than you think, especially if you opt for one of these cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Bonding: Your dentist applies a small amount of tooth-colored composite resin to teeth to improve their shape, lengthen them, or hide imperfections. The material is hardened with a curing light and becomes just as strong as your natural tooth enamel.
- Crowns: Crowns cover the tops of teeth completely, making them a good choice if you have a flaw in a tooth. The restorations improve the appearance of oddly shaped teeth, hide discolorations and imperfections, and lengthen teeth. Hollow crowns are also used to restore broken teeth or prevent fragile teeth from breaking.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells that only cover the fronts of teeth. Made of thin porcelain or plastic, they conceal many flaws, including chips, cracks, uneven surfaces, and discolorations. They can also whiten your entire smile, lengthen short teeth or change the appearance of oddly shaped teeth.
Have you lost one or more of your teeth? Restoring missing teeth will ensure that you can eat a variety of foods and may even improve your speech, depending on how many teeth you've lost. During your visit to the Louisville dental office, your dentist may recommend one or more of these tooth restoration options:
- Bridges: These restorations "bridge" the gap between missing teeth. Bridges consist of one or two artificial teeth attached to dental crowns. The crowns anchor the bridge and keep it firmly in place.
- Dentures: Full, immediate, or partial dentures fill the gaps in your smile and make biting and chewing easier. Today's dentures look more natural than ever and are designed with your comfort in mind.
- Dental Implants: The newest tooth restoration option, dental implants replace both the roots and crowns of teeth. Tiny titanium posts are implanted in your jawbone and serve as replacement roots. The posts, commonly called implants, are connected to dental crowns to completely restore your missing teeth. Although implants are often used to replace just one missing teeth, they're an excellent option no matter how many teeth you've lost.
Renew your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call Dr. Dave Watkins of Watkins Family Dental, at (502) 423-7312 to schedule your appointment.